Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Personalities and our Destiny

We have been introduced to personalities via my brother this past couple weeks. I must tell you that it has been a very fascinating thing for me. Exciting at first at how crazy accurate it was, and then emotional when I realized that it has been easy for me to loose my true self in the speed of my daily life.

First I learned that I am and "Extrovert", not surprising at all, actually none of it really was surprising just accurate. The true "Hostess of the World". (ESFJ if you want to look it up) Aaron, is the ISTJ. And "Introvert". The most private of all 16 types of personality categories. The definitions of these are in depth, from the way you interact from others, to your relationships, and the careers that suit you best. I have been very observant after the tests in watching Aaron and I and our children. I have found that this has been a blessing to our relationship. We are able to see things for what they are. It has been easy for me to assume many things about my Husbands intentions throughout our many years together, but not until now, have I truly seen the real Aaron. His DNA is different, he is amazing. He doesn't do anything unless he thinks its necessary, and when he does something, its is 101% without a second thought, how many of us could say that about ourselves? I admire this trait about him the most and have realized that this is the way God made his brain, and that we are all so different, not in our emotions, or humor, or social life, but by our personality, things that we cannot totally change.

After much thought I have had some great incite about all of this. Aaron is a rare man, only about 1 in 4 of us has his type of personality. He was made to be a leader, made to make decisions, to create stability for those of us who crave it. What if he didn't embrace that part of him?...............Why is there only 1 in 4 a Leader?.....Maybe its because that's all we need. But what if they don't Lead us? Some one will step up and Lead, but will they be able to accomplish the same things a true "Leader" would? I see this as our destiny. Look at your family, that you grew up in. In ours we have several types. If I didn't fulfill my part in our dynamic what would happen? It might not function as well, or fall apart. If we don't identify, and embrace who we truly are and fulfill those statuses, someone else will and they wont be able to accomplish what you would have. I think that it is an incredible concept, to think, the Lord made us all different, not just with different interests, or preferences, but scientifically, different species, so much deeper than I ever thought, for a reason. To fulfill those destiny's and embrace our true selves, is where we find and feel that most deep sense of accomplishment, meaning and joy.

I would love for all of you to take the time and go to http://www.9types.com/, an online personality test, take it, and see what it says about you and your family. Especially those of you who have older children, this might give them incite into what they are geared for in the future. I know that for many of you, maybe all, and I'm just all alone on this one, have known this forever. This is nothing new to you and you are wondering where I have been:) I have asked myself the same thing. But this is something of a deeper understanding for me. I have seen this yes, everyday, but you know what it is like when you Really See something? It changes the way you see things:) Tyra

3 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

It has been forever since I talked or written to you. I hope things are going great for you guys. Alaska is 45 degrees right now. It would be a good thing but all the snow covered roads are now ice with water on them. The joys!

sarahandmatt said...

I'm totally taking the test. Can't wait to see what I am!!

Jen Demaris said...

Good post! I am so glad that we have personalities that mesh so well! I am lucky to have such an awesome sister-in-law!! Have I told you that? Yes, we are planning on coming next weekend and we are very much looking forward to it! (ok maybe not the drive part with Cierra) It will be a fun time! Love ya!