Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8 years under the belt!

( this was us last Christmas)
Well it is our Anniversary today. Aaron is pulling night shifts right now so nothing too special happened. We are planning something cool for later. Its hard to believe that 8 years has gone by since we got married. That 8 years has gone by period! A little history... Aaron and I knew each other in High school, but were nothing more than acquaintances. We met back up in college and were so compatible. I really enjoyed being with him. Before long he was wrapped around my little finger and was madly in love :). I had a promise ring within a few months of being together, and we were engaged, after the most unromantic proposal, which is Aaron's style, about 3 months after that. Married in Kenai at the very typical senior center 6 months after that. The day was a whirl wind of chaos, I really don't remember a whole lot of it, I had so many people helping with it and working so hard on it and it was beautiful, unfortunately I was glad that it was over. We went to California for our Honeymoon, $1800.00 got us 2 flights, 6 nights, and 3 days passes at Disney and 2 at Knot's Berry, plus transportation. Wow have things changed. We lived in North Kenai in a cabin for a year, then bought a house down Echo Lake, moved in one week before my due date with Blaize. Blaize needed a little extra cooking and decided to stay in a week longer, and we introduced ourselves to our son in May. Life has had its stressful times for sure, but we have been so blessed with what we have. After a couple years of thinking about weather or not to add to the family we were pregnant with in a week of saying yes. Shock, pure shock and denial is what we felt when we found out that our "child" was not a "child" but 2!! I believe Aarons words were,"I knew it"... then nothing for a couple hours. While I proceeded to cry and laugh, and cry and laugh. Aaron had came home the day before with a horrible look on his face, and informed me that he was going to loose his job. So as you can imagine this was a time of many emotions. Blaize and I moved up to Wasilla to live with my sister in law and her family the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy, and I gave birth to two children in a row, on the 4th of April. A very traumatizing, violating, overwhelmingly amazing experience. Since I carried them full term we were able to go home after a minimal stay! Since then we have taken a job with REC in Washington, and bought another house. Life is so busy, but Aaron and I try and keep our relationship in check. For the most part I still really like him:)


I sit here and cant believe that I am here looking out the window at a wheat field, sky high poplars, in a house in Moses Lake, Washington, with dirty dishes in my sink. Most of the days before today seemed a week long in themselves, but all of them over in a blink of an eye. How does that happen? All I know is that Aaron and I are here, through it all together, stronger and deeper than I could have ever imagined possible. I am so grateful for him, and what he has given me in my life.


I know I said a little history, but my mouth runneth over....

5 comments:

Alaska Massey said...

Happy Anniversary. We miss you and hope you have a great anniversary, even if Aaron is working.

Sadie said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Corey goes back to work on our anniversary. I still remember your wedding! I loved it! It made me want to get married at the Kenai Senior Center!! I am way happy for you both and wish you many more years!!!

Miles and Bex said...

I am glad you still like him! Cograts on 8 years. That is always exciting. you got to love wedding in the senior center. I swear they make a killing with all the weddings there.

9 of Us said...

Nothing like young love that lasts! Way to go on the 8 years.

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Dang...8 years, you guy sare old-timers! Jerr and I are coming up on 6 years. It passes so fast! And if it is any consolation, Jerr has only been home for 2 of our anniversaries!