Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off to school

Well there are no pictures to share of the morning. I was going to try but my camera was acting weird and I decided to watch instead of play with the thing. This morning is filled with a whirlwind of emotions. Saying a prayer with Blaize before we left, he said, "Thanks Mom, I knew you would say those things for me". Then when we got to the school he wanted to walk to his classroom alone, I had to make him say goodbye and give me a hug, then he walked away without a backwards glance. So excited to be in school, to meet new friends, to learn, and most of all to have a break "from all the noise of the twins". I don't blame him. I felt apprehensive trusting my blood to someone I don't know, nervous, yet happy and thrilled for him. Proud to see his confidence and growth. Praying this was the right decision for him. I thought this year would be easier since we have been through it once already, but I should accept the fact that this might be the way every year. So to those who are releasing theirs to school this year, congratulations and Good Luck!

1 comment:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

ugh! I am going to be a train wreck when David starts school. Preschool is bad enough, I am not ready for the real thing! Why do they have to grow up so fast?