Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Many Adventures










Crazy busy latley! I will try and wrap it all up in less than a thousand words:) We have been strawberry picking, a u-pick farm, sooo fun! 20lbs in 20 min. and for 1.25 a lb too! Clint, Jen and Carly came over a couple weeks ago. We spent most of the 100 plus weather at the water park, and playing games with each other in the evenings. Had the greatest water fight of my life, oh no hot water! We had so much fun with them. Then it was regroup and pack for our week in Portland. Aaron had classes for 2 weeks, so we took our first trip without him. Planned on only staying for a few days, to help them move, but ended up staying a week! The move went great. The kids were so good that I was actually able to help them move. Jen and I took the kids up to Multmumah (sp)Falls, it was amazing!Oh ya and the Fireworks for the fourth were the best Ive ever seen. 30 min long!! The picture of Abe says it all. We took a day, threw Jen and Carly in the car with us and headed for the coast. Its 80 miles from their house, I figured we might as well while we are there. It was really windy, and reminded me of a Alaska beach experience, but the sand was hot, and you could see that if it werent windy it would have looked like Mexico. :)We were also able to go to the Tillamook Cheese Facotry. We were able to watch how they process their cheese, it was like watching "How its Made". Then had some great icecream. We also went to a u-pick farm that had Blueberrys and rasberrys, huge! Thats all the kids ate for like a day. The drive home went pretty well. Weather was awesome, hot and dry, just how I am starting to like it. Portland was so humid, I was sticky the whole time, YUCK! Oh and I was able to get my hair done in this totally classy upscale salon. Clint trades with a killer stylist there, so I got a couple hundred dollars worth of work done for free! My brother and sister in law were so excited for me, I must have really needed it. I got it chopped off actually. Still a little shocked but am excited for the change. Okay so time to throw some pics in here, will try and find some from all of it if I can. I have to figure out a way to make the pictures I put on here not look quite so retarted. They are all over the place. Any advice Erik?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey you! awesome to read a bit about your new lives - it must be great and your house looks amazing! I've been to that cheese factory :) enjoy the strawberries!

Alaska Massey said...

Don't know whats up with your pictures. It is probably one of the radio button settings on the bottom of the upload picture dialog. I don't use left/right or centered. Its the other toggle button. Anyways hopefully this is helpful. Keep the pictures coming. They look great. ~Erik

Jen Demaris said...

Cool pics! Ready for some more? We are heading out there tomorrow for sure! Cant wait to see ya soon and party with the kids! ;)