This is one of my favorite photos of Jez. Today is the 1 year "anniversary" of Jez passing on (seems like a word you use when celebrating). We miss her so much. We put some of our feelings on the balloons, the kids wrote what they missed about her. Most of all I think we all miss her wit and amazing humor. There have been so many times, each day, when I ask myself what she would have said or done. The kids miss her sitting and playing with them, all her small dainty toys, that she had No problem playing with. Its is still weird to me that she is gone. When someone so close to you dies, its seems your brain has a hard time changing its thought process to thinking that they just aren't here anymore. I know that she is in a wonderful place, walking on her own two legs, and that she is waiting for us. That we will be with her again. Until then I will try and keep her countenance with me. The lessons of humility, gratitude and joy she taught to all of us, alive in my life.On the regular days of this last week. I canned salsa with a friend of mine. We are already ready for next year and plan on tripling the batch. Why not when that many tomatoes are free!? Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?LOL At the farmers market on Saturday we scored in the produce. Largest peaches Ive ever seen and peppers, not to mention those peppers were 2 for a dollar!!!! I will have my freezer stalked by next weekend with those. We are so blessed, with safety and abundance of resources. Everyday I am aware of what we have and have access too. How amazingly stress free our life is compared to what it could be. I love my family, and the many blessings that we enjoy. How blessed we are to live this life of freedom. That I can go to the farmers market and buy fruit and veggies. Such a seemingly unexciting thing to most, but to others it isn't even a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment