Monday, November 17, 2008
I have a new neice!!
Last Thursday I had a feeling that I could really be useful if I went and helped my Brother and his family out for a few days without our children. Aaron had his week off so it was perfect timing. It was about two and a half weeks before Jens due date, and she was busy and stressed and I just wanted to help them out with laundry, meals and take care of their little one so they could concentrate on what needed to get done. I went back and forth with myself about it a few times, should I go? Is it worth the drive? Do I only want to go because I want to go alone and see them? Or should I go? I calmed myself down and decided that if I didn't go, I would regret it. I left at about 5:30pm and got to their house at about 10:30pm. Jen was having her regular braxton hicks though much stronger. Her and Clint were in complete denial that this was actual early labor, and though I really wanted to tell them, I decided that in some instances denial is good. It saved them tons of energy thinking about it too early. We all hit the sack and at 4:21am (yes I remember) Clint came in and said that Jens contractions were 5 min. apart and they were going to pack up and head over to the Midwifery Clinic. I got up, helped them pack, Jen was already having to work through them, and fed them both breakfast. Carly was up at 5:30 and we packed a list of stuff and headed out as soon as we could. Little baby Cierra was born a little after 10:00 in the morning, about 6 hours after they got there. Jen was amazing! I have been to 5 births, 3 my own and I must say that she was by far the most amazingly strong woman I have ever known. Mentally, physically, WOW! She had initially wanted me to be there, and we were crossing our fingers to whether I could be or not by chance, and here I was there for it all. I was able to coach Carly through her uneasiness when she would hear Jen working through a contraction. She was able to watch as her baby sisters life start here with us on earth. " Mommy all done?" "Baby out?" "Mommy happy?" "Daddy Happy?" and my personal favorite, "More Baby?". LOL After that it was "My baby". I will never forget this experience. The emotions experienced at such a relaxed, calm, positive, strong birth are so many and so fierce that you cant describe them. I am SO blessed to have been able to be there. They have thanked me, but in all honesty it is me that is so thankful to them for allowing me to be a part of such a tremendously special time in their lives. I Love you guys, and have an overwhelming humble respect for you Jen, and the strength of the Mommy within you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tyra! I cryed reading that!!! Congrats and I am so happy that you could be there for Jen and Clint! What a special family moment!
I know, what an awesome impression that you listened to. I'm always amazed when stuff like that happens. Congratulations. Are you a doula now? You should be. You rock.
Post a Comment